Information about the possibilities of the licence coupling
GGU software is provided with the WIBU-Systems CodeMeter software protection system. CodeMeter is a license and digital rights management system with a secure, online licence purchase option.
To be able to work with the GGU programs,
- the licence driver software, the CodeMeter-Runtime Kit for Windows, must be installed on all PCs and
- a license binding must be present on a CmStick, a CmActLicense on a PC or on a CmCloudContainer.
The CmStick represents the CodeMeter system's hardware. It contains a chip on which the CodeMeter system licences are stored. A CmActLicense is a type of licence that does away with special hardware components. The CmActLicense is based on a signed and encoded licence file. When using a CmCloudContainer, the licenses are located on the CmCloud-Server of the company WIBU-Systems and the licenses are mirrored on your CodeMeter license server.
We describe the two possible licence coupling options below.
The licences are transferred in a customer-related CmCloudContainer on the CodeMeter Cloud Server of WIBU-Systems AG (CmCloud Server). The licences are thus located on the CmCloud server and are released for use via an internet connection. For this purpose, it is necessary to set up the access data (credential) to the CmCloud container once on the client or server requested by the customer. A permanent internet connection to the CmCloud server is required to use the GGU programmes. The credential file can be set up on any number of end devices at different locations. The maximum number of users who can access licences simultaneously depends on the seats booked. A seat can be defined as one or more licence accesses from a single user to a specific CmCloudContainer. In summary, each device of a user that accesses a licence hosted by CmCloud occupies one seat.
This licence commitment is only available as an annual rental.
- Immediate use at different locations (home office, branch offices, etc.) after licence commitment has been concluded
- Licence access for up to 500 seats at your various locations, depending on the contract
- Use also via virtual PC and Mircosoft Cloud PC
- No annual licence activation (codemeter updates)
- No hardware dongle (CmStick) necessary
- Access to current main versions within the rental period
You can request an individual offer for CmCloud licences via our internet form.
No CmStick is required for this software-based licence. The CmActLicense is linked to the respective PC hardware. This licence coupling is only available for non-network licences (NNL). The use of a CmActLicense in connection with virtualisation software (virtual PCs/servers) is excluded.
- immediate use after licence coupling is complete
- forwarding the license by returning it to the online license ticket system with subsequent coupling to a different PC
The GGU-Software licences are linked to a USB dongle, the WIBU-Systems CmStick. Therefore, before you can work with GGU-Software programs, such a CmStick must be available in your company.
This licence coupling is intended for floating network licences (FNL) and for stand-alone licences with changing PC usage. The CmStick must be plugged into a PC or server that is constantly in operation. Alternatively, the CmStick can also be plugged into a dongle server located within your network. The SEH DongleServer Pro or dongleserver ProMAX is suitable, for example.
This licence coupling is particularly suitable if several employees in your company need to work with the GGU programs in alternation.
We would be pleased to advise you in a telephone call which license coupling and license type makes sense for you.