Analysis and design of dolphins according to Recommendations of the Committee for Waterfront Structures Harbours and Waterways EAU 2012
- Analysis using Blum's method or p-y method (modulus of subgrade reaction method with non-linear spring characteristics)
- Analysis using partial safety factors to EC 7
- Steel analysis using EC 3
- Required working capacity determination using different equations
- Expandable database for sections
- Simulation of steel sections corrosion
- Analysis of a selected load case or comparative analysis of several load cases in a single computation
- Analysis with a selected section or with optimum section determination
- Analysis using different sections possible for a dolphin
- Graphic supported section length optimisation in analysis using different sections
- Buckling analysis with fy,k reduction or according to DIN EN 1993-1-6
- Analysis of sum V
- System input using absolute heights
- Soil properties can be selected from an expandable database of common soils
- Definition of up to 10 load cases possible
- Passive earth pressure calculation to DIN 4085:2017 or DIN 4085:2017 planar slip surfaces
- Three-dimensional passive earth pressure to DIN 4085:2017
- Consideration of seismic effects via altered earth pressure coefficients to EC 8
- Result presentation for earth pressure, moment, shear force, normal force and displacement in the system graphics
- Analysis results can also be presented in different legends and as output table
- Visualisation of p = f(y) function curves in a legend
- Visualisation of the used section as sketch in a legend
- Adopted standard, program name and version can be included in the
- General legend
- User-designed output sheet
- Print or copy screen sections, e.g. for transfer to a word processor
- Integrated Mini-CAD system for additional annotation of graphics
Current updates & changes
- Bugfix: Depth output for modulus of subgrade reaction ks and subgrade stresses p
- Additional moment and additional normal force can be defined.
- Graphic output table: saving and loading of all settings.
- p-y method implemented.
Info: Paid major update (free of charge for licensees with subscription or update insurance under the software service agreement)
- Bugfix: Self-weight partial safety factor for load cases without working capacity now 1.0, only affects normal force
Show all entries
Single Program Subscription *
|1 Year subscription NNL||535,50 €|
Single Program for CmStick
|30 days FNL||192,99 €|
|1 Licence FNL||1.606,50 €|
Complete GGU-Suite for CmActLicense *
|10 hours PayPerUse NNL||240,00 €|
|1 Year subscription NNL||5.890,50 €|
All prices incl. VAT
*: CmActLicense, no need of CmStick, always current major program versions. Not for virtualisation OS.
NNL: Non-network licence
FNL: Floating-network licence
GGU-Software runs on PCs with the following specifications:
- Pentium III or higher processor
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8, 8.1and10 compatible
- 500 MB free hard disk space
- DVD-ROM drive or internet connection (for installation)
- USB Interface 2.0 or higher (for licence CmStick dongle)
- CmActLicences NOT on virtual maschines
This webinar will demonstrate the GGU-DOLPHIN program’s ability to analyse and design dolphins. Both the Blum’s method and the p-y-method can be applied. The Recommendations of the Committee for Waterfront Structures “EAU” presents both methods as equivalent and possible ways to design dolphins. Depending on the application, dolphin piles are exposed to different actions. Breasting dolphins must be capable to accept the actions exerted by the mooring process. Design is performed by specifying the ship's...
Welcome to the introduction to the programm GGU-DOLPHIN.
GGU-DOLPHIN allows the analysis and design of dolphin piles which are loaded horizontally in most cases. After a short introduction you will see the menues of the hole program and some examples.
We have made this short training course available to you free of charge.